On Thursday, July `7th between 11:00 a.m. and Noon at the Antrim Presbyterian Church, readers will discuss Jitterbhug Perfume by Tom Robbins. ”His best-selling novels are "seriocomedies" (also known as "comedy-drama"), often wildly poetic stories with a strong social and philosophical undercurrent, an irreverent bent, and scenes extrapolated from carefully researched bizarre facts.
Among the questions which Antrim readers will be exploring are:
1. How does perfume figure in this novel?
2. How do the characters attain eternal life and how enjoyable is it?
3. What does the book’s message “lighten up” mean?
4. How does Robbins treat the themes of self-reliance and individual expression?
5. How heroic is the janutor hero of the book?
6. How funny is Jitterbug Perfume?
7. How misogynistic is the author