Playaway Digital Audiobooks, self-contained easy-to-use audiobooks are now available at the Library. Playaway, the first self-playing digital audio book, is pre-loaded with best-selling content from leading publishers, and requires only a set of earphones or earbuds and two standard AAA batteries for immediate listening. Playaways weigh only two ounces; are about half the size of a deck of cards, and hold content ranging from 6 to 24 hours play time. With Playaways you won’t have to juggle between multiple cassettes of CDs, or download files to an MP3 player or Ipod. Simply plug in headphones and press play. Great for travel!
Patrons must provide batteries and their own earbuds or headphones, or you can purchase a set of earbuds or batteries at the Circulation desk for $1.00 each.
The collection is small at the moment and contains the following titles:
* A Crack in the Edge of the World: America and the great California earthquake of 1906, by Simon Winchester.
* Eldest, by Christopher Paolini
* The Horse and his Boy, by C.S. Lewis
* Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman
* The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
* The DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown
* Beach Road, by James Patterson
If we find that our patrons enjoy this service, we will purchase more titles as funds permit.